Associate Professor/Professor, Vice Chair of Clinical Operations - Neurology, McGovern Medical School
Texas Medical Center-Houston, Texas
McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Requisition #: 180000AZ
McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston's Department of Neurology is seeking a Vice Chair of Clinical Operations. Incumbent will be responsible for developing faculty commitment to the mission of education, research and clinical care by recruiting, promoting and retaining outstanding faculty.
Position Key Accountabilities :
1) Leads recruitment/retention of outpatient physicians for the integrated UTP and Memorial Herman neurology service line.
2) Ensures the Department functions in an integrated system of care, improving performance, growing depth of clinical programs, and enhancing quality outcomes.
3) Serves as mentor, guide and support for physician leaders within the Department.
4) Collaborates with other departments, expands faculty, creates new outpatient clinical programs, provides effective mentoring, evaluates and anticipates the Department’s future.
5) Oversees the development of the annual outpatient clinical budget and key operating indicators for the outpatient integrated clinical practice and monitors the practice’s performance in relation to these annual targets
6) Communicates and promotes teamwork within the Department sections
7) Outpatient Clinical Neurology at UT Physicians. This time is devoted to direct patient care at minimum 2 full days in clinic a week.
Candidates must be graduates of an ACGME-accredited neurology residency and ACGME Clinical Neurophysiology fellowship with active board-certifications and be licensed in the state of Texas (or eligible to be licensed).
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Established in 1972 by The University Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical schiences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center and a growing network of clinics throughout the region. The university’s primary teaching hospitals include Memorial Hermann – Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Herman Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon b. Johnson Hospital.
UTHealth Benefits UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Office of Benefits Website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.