Human Resources Administration Program Manager
Texas Medical Center-Houston, TX
Human Resources Administration Program Manager
Location: Texas Medical Center-Houston, Texas
Category: Human Resources
UTHealth Houston General Administration
Requisition #: 230002EV
UTHealth's Human Resources department is looking for an energetic and passionate HR professional. This position is responsible for coordinating, communicating and reporting of Human Resources (HR) operational activities including cyclical and project-based assignments. Working closely with the Associate Director of HR Services integration, the program manager assumes accountability for providing high-level coordination support, driving the implementation of initiatives, and devising effective communication strategies. These tasks may require collaborating with cross-functional teams while utilizing technology solutions to monitor and advance progress. With a primary focus on cultivating positive employee experiences, the HR Program Manager actively seeks opportunities to optimize efficiency of human resources processes to deliver exceptional customer service and enhance the overall employee journey. They demonstrate resourcefulness in problem-solving, proactively manage multiple projects with meticulous attention to detail, and also contribute to compliance-related tasks such as analysis, coordination, and reporting. The program manager will serve as a valuable resource in support of HR initiatives, ensuring that scheduled milestones are met.
You will be hybrid with at least two days in the office a week to start. This may change later to fit a primarily remote pattern, but initially you will need to meet with leaders and team members face to face. Ideally candidates will have worked in human resources healthcare with project coordination duties and serving internal or external customers.
What we do here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas’ resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That’s where you come in.
Once you join us you won't want to leave. It’s because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you’d expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both vacation and sick time – all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)
The longer you stay, the more vacation you’ll accrue!
Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees’ wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life services such as…
Free financial and legal counseling
Free mental health counseling services
Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.
Resources for child and elder care
Plus many more!
Position Key Accountabilities:
• Manage high-level meeting coordination and facilitation by ensuring all logistical aspects are organized and communicated concisely. Coordinate and develop follow-up communication post meetings to stakeholders, fostering effective collaboration and ensuring clear documentation of key decisions and action items.
• Manage and create effective communication strategies to support information flow from HR to stakeholders while ensuring a strong focus on achieving strategic outcomes. Deliver engaging, informative and well-organized presentations to support project objectives and outcomes.
• Demonstrate resourcefulness in problem-solving, identifying and addressing issues that may arise during HR operational activities to include analyzing problems, proposing solutions, and implementing appropriate measures to overcome challenges.
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate process gaps and issues through active listening and probing resulting in mutual understanding.
• Facilitate process mapping and design sessions with cross-functional teams and SMEs to document current state processes while also identifying process gaps, integration opportunities and efficiencies.
• Independently gathers information from a variety of sources; to analyze, interpret, and summarize data gathered, and to deliver meaningful insights to the HR leadership team and other organizational stakeholders.
• Collaborate across other functional areas within and outside of the Human Resources department regarding process improvement, service levels and customer service initiatives.
• Assist in the execution of HR projects by supporting coordination of project resources, liaising with project stakeholders to collect and disseminate project information to include status reports and progress updates and helping to ensure scheduled milestones are met.
• Facilitates development and execution of audits to maintain data integrity on an ongoing bases and to ensure adherence to procedures while identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Human Resources Certifications preferred.
Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline required.
Work experience substituted in lieu of education
• 3 years of directly related experience required.
• Experience in an academic healthcare setting preferred.
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service
• Leverage business knowledge to address complex issues while mitigating risk
• Ability to analyze, investigate & interpret data, issues & situations
• Ability to plan organize and prioritize work while leveraging resources
• Create strong working relationships and influences change
• Ability to multitask and maintain focus to achieve timely results
• Ability to research, collect and organize data for analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Employees must permanently reside and work in the State of Texas.
If you are looking for a great healthcare career in Houston, visithttp://go.uth.edu/careers!
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth Houston is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth Houston includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
UTHealth Houston offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Houston Office of Benefits Website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth Houston is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth Houston policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.
UTHealthHoustonhas adopted a policy consistent with CMS regulations to protect our patients and university community from exposure to COVID-19. This policy affects all employees, residents, fellows, students, contractors, new hires, visiting scholars program participants, adjunct faculty, and volunteers who work, train, or collaborate at the John S. Dunn Behavioral Science Center.
In addition, all UTHealthHoustonemployees who are assigned to work at a location that is subject to the affiliated partner’s hospital, clinical offices, or agency are required to abide by UTHealth’sHoustonrules and regulations, as well as the affiliate’s rules and regulations, including COVID-19 vaccination and safety requirements.
Work location is based on the needs of the department and may be adjusted.